Tuesday, April 14, 2015

We Got Next!

The Incoming Honors Student Association Executive Council From L to R: President Brittany Jolly, Interim Vice President Nathan Starry, Secreatry Dillon Rea, Treasurer Talor Stewart, Historian Ashley Houchin, Vice President Linzi Thompson
At tonight's Honors Pizza Feed and Caucus,we introduce the incoming 2015-2016 Honors Student Association Executive Council officers (see above) and invited them to give impromptu speeches (they did well). We also listened to words of wisdom from some of our outgoing officers, we ate a lot of San Remo's pizza, and we took a lot of pizza home. We completed the Honors Survey and Suggestion Box, took an inventory of our engagement points and community service hours for this semester, and scored two engagement points,

We also signed up twelve  sixteen new branch leaders!  They are: Mariah Brooks, Madison Camp, Maranda Clymer, Allyson Greogry, Sean Jesse, Sidney Lewis, Ashton Mayle, Miranda McNabb, Krysten Mills, Elsa Moseley, Maddie Oehlberg, Holly Salem, Kaitlyn Stevens, CJ Taylor, Dylan West. Thanks for stepping up, guys!  And if you're interested in joining their ranks, e-mail Dr. Benton.

Finally, we voted on the 2015 Honors SummerRead. And the winner is . . . click here for the answer.

4 comments:

  1. It has been an honor serving you guys! Thanks for coming to hang out, eat pizza, vote, and give feedback to the program. All three of the books for the 2015 Summer Read sounded really good! I'm a little jealous I won't be able to discuss one of them in an EQ class.
    I'm excited for the incoming officers and branch leaders; I think a really great group is coming in! I know you guys will do well. Have a good summer, and be ready to come back next semester and hit the books hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can’t wait to get started working on capturing the perfect candid photo and working with my fellow officers. While the novel I voted for did not get chosen, I knew any of these choices would be an interesting read to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anywhere there is good food and drink to be had in addition to good company, I am most likely to be found. Although I knew that I had a concert to perform at later that night for the Symphonic Band of ECU, I still came to the Honors Pizza Feed and Caucus. I am glad that I did, because whatever was said at the meeting convinced me to become a branch leader for Honors. I am sure that there will be many more wonderful times to come. -SKC

    ReplyDelete
  4. I literally cannot tell you how excited for pizza I was when i remembered we had this honors pizza feed. Pizza is one of my favorite things in the world. While I expected to be completely bored out of my mind and not excited to hear about all the new officers and all the stuff we would need to do for next year, I was pleasantly surprised. All the officers seemed cool and qualified and ready to take on the next year for the honors program. I even signed up to be a branch leader! Im really excited to get a group of students and to teach them the honors ropes.

    ReplyDelete